Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Gym Therapy

Last night I headed to the gym later, much later than normal for me anyway, I didn't get there until 6:53pm!!!  That was after chatting with someone close and hoping I was giving some good advice, trying to get Kyle up but he didn't get much sleep yesterday so he didn't go with me.

I was frustrated when I got to the gym, ready to take it all out on the weights, and man did I.

First of all I have my new binder with all my workout sheets in it, I forgot to write down the previous weights I did on my lifts so I just guessed.  I was 99% sure on some of them and not so sure on others.

I warmed up hardcore and was sweating before I even hit the weights.  When I got to the weight room one of the regular guys had to stop me and ask me why I've been working out alone, damn it David, giving people a reason to talk to me ;)  I kid, I kid!  I don't mind chatting at the gym, especially before I get started, but once I'm in the right "mode" I do like to be left alone and that is why I wear my headphones when I am alone :)

It was back night and I was looking forward to it, shoulder shrugs, my FAVORITE!!!

Wide Grip Assisted Pull Ups
12 - 85 lbs assisted
6 - 70 lbs assisted
6 - 70 lbs assisted
6 - 70 lbs assisted
12 - 85 lbs assisted

Bent Over Dumbbell Row Palms Facing In
12 - 30 lbs
6 - 45 lbs
6 - 50 lbs 
6 - 50 lbs
12 - 30 lbs
(This was one I wasn't sure on the heavy weight, I went up 15 pounds :))

Barbell Shoulder Shrugs
12 - 115 lbs
6 - 135 lbs
6 - 135 lbs
6 - 135 lbs
12 - 115 lbs
(I knew I went heavier on this one, I felt it right away, but I did it!  The bar was hard to hold, I really, really NEED to get some straps.  Anyway I went up 20 pounds :))

Bent Over Barbell Row
12 - 40 lbs
6 - 60 lbs
6 - 60 lbs
6 - 60 lbs
12 - 40 lbs

Machine Rear Delt Flyes
12 - 15 lbs
6 - 25 lbs
6 - 25 lbs
6 - 25 lbs
12 - 15 lbs

Seated Cable Row
12 - 50 lbs
6 - 65 lbs
6 - 65 lbs
6 - 65 lbs
12 - 50 lbs

Narrow Grip Assisted Pull Ups
12 - 85 lbs assisted
6 - 70 lbs assisted
6 - 55 lbs assisted
6 - 55 lbs assisted
12 - 85 lbs assisted
(I was so proud of myself for being able to lower the assisted weight on these!)

I ended with 40 push ups, different hand placement for each set of 10.  It was a great workout.

Today I have had some "stressors" come my way, I'm taking DEEP breaths and really FOCUSING.  I am not joking when I say this is the time of year for the past, hmmmmmm, probably 5 years that something pops up.  Sadly I've come to expect it, learning how to deal with it is something I always struggle with.

Continuing to focus on my own family and my goals are what is truly important, nothing will bring us down, nothing will bring me down, NOTHING.  We have each other, that is all we need.  Thankful for my husband who continues to support me in this new lifestyle, thankful for our daughter who makes us laugh everyday and shows us what life is really about, thankful for her support as well, thankful for my father-in-law, who is more than willing to hang out with her at home on nights he doesn't have to work so Kyle can go to the gym with me, thankful for my family and friends that put up with me constantly talking about competing and living this lifestyle.  The positives outweigh the negatives so much, sometimes I have to remind myself of that <3 font="">

No comments:

Post a Comment