Saturday, December 27, 2014

Go Time - Honesty


It is time.  Time to start cutting down while also trying to continue building muscle mass.  My competition is just 19 weeks away, 19 WEEKS!!!!  That may sound like a while yet but as I've learned along the way those 19 weeks will fly by and I have quite a bit I would like to accomplish in that short amount of time.

I am happy though to be able to take that much time versus 12 weeks for cutting.  12 weeks is just too short for me, I plan on coming in my leanest yet and doing it the right way.  Slowly decreasing calories without having to do loads of cardio.  Kyle and I will begin my planning out my mini goals and the big plan of attack today.  I will again be training for the Dam to Dam half marathon during this time, that will help with getting me lean but my legs still weren't lean enough for the judges.  I'll be adding in one session, no excuses, of the step mill per week and also a good plyo workout.

Over the holidays I have been a normal human being and I am not ashamed of that.  I indulged in goodies, I was worn down from so much excitement and having too much on my plate.  I didn't make all of my workouts, sickness hit our household.  Knock on wood I've only had hints of feeling ill and kicked it to the curb with Emergen-C and Airborne.

Today was the first day that I really felt well rested and READY for a killer workout in a couple of weeks.  It really is ok to feel like this, I know that and I want anyone who reads this to know that.  Sure some "hardcore" people would look at me as weak and not a true competitor.  To each their own.  I am ME.  I continue to enjoy this journey without putting loads of pressure on myself.  I did have a day of self doubt, it happens to the best of us, but I had Kyle to talk it through with and know in the end that I am truly doing the best I can.

Currently I weigh 150 pounds, a bit more than I would like, but only five pounds and that could honestly be from the past week of goodies.  Those first five pounds should come off quickly and after that I'm not really watching the scale.  I am 15 pounds off from my competition goal weight and that isn't too bad.

We had a killer shoulder workout this morning and then my plan was a 30 minute step mill workout.  Of course when we got done lifting someone was on the one step mill we have at our gym.  So I chose to get on a stair stepper, thankfully I only had to be on it for 5 minutes and the step mill was open.  I jumped on that and got 25 minutes of intense cardio in.  I love, love, love the damn step mill, it kills me but that is why I love it so much :)

I have a couple photos to share, one of my lovely sweaty face after my workout.  Sporting my new wireless headphones Kyle got me for Christmas, yay for no longer getting caught up on equipment from the stupid wires :)


This other photo is just me, where I'm at currently.  I don't always have six pack abs, I'm not always looking perfect and I'm not afraid to share that.  I've been trying to put on muscle by eating higher calories, I haven't been eating the cleanest in the past month and it shows.  Our bodies are so sensitive to what we eat.  For myself I get my little lower belly pooch, something that comes and goes based on my diet ever since I gave birth to Bella.  That was the biggest body change for me.  My hips are somehow a little smaller but that darn pooch always comes back.  I'm not ashamed of it, it will shrink up and disappear as I continue to eat "cleaner" and begin consistent cardio routines.


Weight is just a number, always remember that.  If people ask how much I weigh I am not afraid to share and when I say 150 pounds right now they think I am joking.  I am definitely not joking.

I look forward to the next 19 weeks of hard work and watching my body change.  I truly love this part, even the toughest weeks at the end because they test me mind, body and soul.  I teach myself what I am truly made of and what I can accomplish while being the best mother, wife, daughter, friend and employee as possible.

I've said it before but I can never say it enough.  The constant support from my family, friends and co-workers helps me along immensely.  I am not only proud of myself but each and every one of them is incredibly proud of me and they let me know that constantly.  Without all of you the journey would be so insanely difficult, not that it is easy but knowing I have so many supporting me makes such a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment