Thursday, October 4, 2012

Nothing New

My doctor appointment went as expected today, nothing new really.  The doctor was very nice and is going to have me try a new medication.

They did an EKG, everything looked great, I've lost 10 pounds since I was there in July, blood pressure and pulse were good.  THANKFULLY there is no need for another tilt table test, that was how they diagnosed me with syncope back when I was 18 years old.  The medication I will be on should help to keep my blood pressure a little bit higher.

Continue working out, running is great for my heart, drink lots of water and gaterade, eat a lot of salt and get plenty of sleep.  I like the sleep part, I feel like I sleep a lot and yet there are days where I feel just exhausted all the time, apparently that is normal for me.  I was happy to let Kyle know that my sleeping in on the weekends is required for my health ;)

Today I finally feel "normal", it took me four days to recover from that damn fainting spell, again apparently that is about how long it should take.  I should outgrow this condition, but the new doctor is thinking that since I've had recent fainting spells I probably wouldn't outgrow it for another 10 - 15 years.

At least I have severe symptoms before I faint, that way I can always make sure I'm at least close to the ground before I hit it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment