Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013......This is the year!

2012 SUCKED, lets just get that out of the way!  Loads of obstacles, major life changes, many health issues for me, keeping a positive outlook for 2013!

2013 is going to be year of "healthy living", I'm not just talking food wise, mentally, emotionally, my family and I just need to live healthier and try to keep the poisons around us at a minimum!

The last week of 2012 I spent trying to recover after four fainting spells the week before, the most I've ever had in that short of a time frame.  They were stress induced, major poisons thrown my way and I finally broke down in every way.  My poor body, but last week was spent drinking a LOT of water and Gaterade, eating salty snacks, and lots of rest.

Today I can finally say that I don't feel nauseous, I don't feel light headed, I feel great!

I have some goals this year, first of all take better care of myself as I'm exercising, do more stretching and add in yoga.  After dealing with IT band syndrome for so long after the half marathon last year it is certainly something I don't want to go through again!

I will be getting back to running, my last run was in June.  I will be getting back into weight lifting, I haven't lifted weights since September.  Yeah, I think I've had a long enough break!

So here's to a healthy and happy 2013, I've got some races planned and the fitness show is in October, it is going to be my year.  I at least want to be able to compete, I'll not speak of placing and push down my competitive side, this is something to do for me because I will enjoy it and it is something I can do with my husband which is a huge added bonus :)

Happy 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment