Saturday, February 18, 2012

4 Mile Run

So today was supposed to be a 5 mile run, but I listened to my body and only ran 4 miles.

It was a chilly morning, 22 degrees with 5mph winds, so 15 degrees with the windchill. I'm so sick of layering, I wore a dry fit t-shirt a long sleeved shirt and a fleece pullover, running tights and windbreaker pants, gloves and a hat. Seriously, it sucks being so bulky, but hopefully it will warm up again soon!

The run felt good, I ate a small bowl of oatmeal before I ran, I knew I would need something for some energy to get me through it. I've slacked the past two weeks on my running, shame on me, I learned my lesson today.

At about the 3.5 mile mark I felt like I was going to faint and my legs were jelly, so I stopped at four miles, I'm glad I got them in though.

No more skipping runs and I'm starting P90X on Monday as well. I should be in great shape for the half marathon which will have me ready for sand volleyball in April, and more races this summer, all taking me to my biggest goal, competing in a fitness show :)

No comments:

Post a Comment