Friday, November 8, 2013

So Sore!

These workouts are killing me, in a good way!  I can honestly say I've never been so sore before, this is insane.  I'm enjoying lifting the heavier weights, tonight I have legs and I'm looking forward to them actually being sore after a workout for once :)

Wednesday I lifted chest, really pushed myself and today simply drying myself off after a shower was painful.  I've never felt sore so deeply in my chest before, almost like, really my muscles go that deep???  Sounds silly I know, but seriously, this is an intense level of sore.

Chest - Heavy

5 sets (12,6,6,6,12)

Incline Dumbbell Chest Press
12 reps - 25 pounds
6 reps - 30 pounds

Flat Dumbbell Chest Press
12 reps - 25 pounds
6 reps - 30 pounds

Incline Dumbbell Flyes
12 reps - 20 pounds
6 reps - 25 pounds

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
12 reps - 20 pounds
6 reps - 25 pounds

Super Set on the last two.

Cable Cross Over
12 reps - 20 pounds
6 reps - 30 pounds

Clap Bench Push Ups
18, 8, 8, 8, 12

On the clap bench push ups I'm surprised I didn't biff it, I was so dead at that point and the final 12 were so TOUGH, but I pushed through :)

I need to add cardio back in, goodness I HATE cardio, who would have thought I would hate cardio as much as I do at this point?!?  The only thing I honestly like doing is the step mill, even the HIIT workouts on the elliptical are dreadful.  Sure they go by fast, I don't know, I just don't like cardio at all anymore and I have to force myself to do it.

Monday I officially begin the Fighter Diet, I'm looking forward to it.  Gotta get my plan for the week set out today so I can get all my groceries tomorrow and food prep on Sunday.  My plan is to cook everything and separate out all of my meals into tupperware, then I just have to pop it in the microwave to reheat.  Making this lifestyle change has been the hardest part, not gonna lie, making it as easy and convenient as you can is the best way to do it in my opinion :)  I'm using the Livestrong MyPlate app again to help track my calories, this week has been horrid, as in I'm about 1,000 calories short each day, oops.  That could be part of my intense soreness!  Looking forward to eating the proper amount of calories starting next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment