Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tougher Leg Workouts

At this time we all know I am "bulking" and trying to gain some muscle mass.  One of my "problem" areas is my butt and hamstrings, need to get the butt lifted and out a bit more and get some more definition in my hamstrings and quads too!

Saturday I got to workout with Kyle, YAY!!!!  It makes me so happy when that can happen because at the moment it's not very often :(  Sadly he has been working six days a week and nine hours a day, he just found out this morning that he will be working seven days a week now probably through New Year's.  That means NO workouts with Kyle :(  I'm glad to have David with me three days a week, he is a great workout partner but I like my days with Kyle too so he can see the changes in me and he usually makes everything a bit tougher.

Saturday was leg day, I HATE dead lifts, I just feel like I am always doing them wrong.  Instead of using a regular bar Kyle had me use this kind of square shaped bar type thing, you stand in the middle of it, so much easier for me!  Although I am able to put a decent amount of weight on there so it is getting harder to hold the bar, time for me to learn how to use the weight lifting straps!

Squats were also part of the workout, not your normal squats, oh no, he had me do pause squats.  HOLY CRAP.  Squat down and hold for five seconds, come back up and repeat.  Then there were the single leg leg presses, my left leg is definitely weaker than my right leg.  Split jumps super set with straight leg dead lifts, it was a crazy workout.

Today I am still insanely sore from the workout, I really need to do some regular stretching, I keep saying it but not doing it.  I know my muscles will love me so much more if I just do it!  

Yesterday was arms and today is chest.  I need some good vibes sent my way so I will start getting my butt out of bed at 4:30am again!  I'm being horrible, just horrible.  It is COLD here now, so cold and so very dark.  I have no choice though, morning workouts will have to start so I can get my cardio in separate from my weight lifting.

I CAN DO IT!  Hopefully soon I'll have a post about getting my butt out of bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment