Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A "New" Beginning

Today I got up at 4:30 and went to the gym for leg day!  It wasn't too bad getting up, although it helps when you have a "golden carrot" dangling in front of you ;)  I am so ready for the opportunities being presented to me, I feel like at this moment I am starting anew :)

It was a tough leg day, not gonna lie.  The only thing I'm not thrilled about with working out so early is that I don't really eat beforehand, I need to start having a little something in my tummy other than pre-workout!

Today I used Top Secret Nutrition "Pump Igniter", I was a hot mess, literally.  It got my blood pumping and this leg workout keeps me moving, I had my headphones on and was dripping sweat everywhere.  Gross I know, but I did also drink a LOT of water yesterday from getting so dehydrated on Sunday at volleyball.  It was nice to see one of the early morning regulars and chat for a moment before my workout began.

Kyle has me doing some higher volume training right now, I won't explain exactly how this will work to help me grow, he is much better at that.  Thinking I should have my trainer do some "guest" posts on here sometimes to explain his method of madness :)  I am alternating my lift days and cardio days with one rest day per week.

I only did two sets of everything and will increase to three sets next week, four sets the following week and stick with four sets from there on out, I think anyway.

Here was today's leg workout:

Deadlifts - 95lbs - 15 reps
Calf Raises on plate - 60 seconds
Back Squats - 95 lbs - 15 reps
Step Ups - 60 seconds
Front Squats - 75lbs - 13 reps
Seated Calf Raises - 90lbs - 15 reps
Leg Press - 140lbs - 15 reps
Lunges - 60 seconds

It was a good workout, my legs were toast and I have sand volleyball tonight.  Still working on getting all of my calories in, my appetite will increase hopefully and it won't be quite so tough :)

With Kyle being in South Dakota I took a nice photo after my workout and sent it to him.  Proof of how insanely sweaty I got and damn do I look tired, but it felt good to start off the day with a great workout!


No comments:

Post a Comment