Monday, August 25, 2014

Holy Hot Volleyball & So Much More

Summer in Iowa has been strange this year, not that I'm complaining.  The heat hasn't been too horrible until about a week ago.  Sunday night volleyball has been awesome with the weather, last night was not so awesome.

It was damn HOT!!!!!  105 with the heat index.  I knew it would be a rough night and took along 32 oz of Muscle Pharm Amino One, 32 oz. Powerade and had water along with it.  After the first game of doubles, for the first time in a LONG time I was having issues.  I could not stay hydrated, I was covered in goosebumps and my heart rate was ridiculous.  I made it through and we won all three of our doubles games and then went on to win all three of our four's games!  It was good, hot, sweaty night :)

I've also started playing on Tuesday nights with another team and got asked to play in an indoor league this winter!  I was so pumped, I really can't wait.  It has been years since I've played indoor, I'm sure it will take a little getting used to but finally no break in volleyball I get to be a year round player :)

During volleyball Kyle was wonderful and cooked up five pounds of chicken for me.  I weighed it all out in separate containers and have it ready to go for the week.  My meal plan has been made, my workouts are set, now to GET MY BUTT UP at 4:30 tomorrow morning!!!

Kyle is gone this week training so our schedule is changed.  My plan is to hit the gym at 4:30, get Bella up when I get home so we can both get ready for our days, get her to school for the before school program and get my butt to work.  That way I'm free in the evenings and I am so happy that she loves going to Volley's and "watching" me play, rather she loves playing on their play equipment or just building sand castles :)  In my head it will all work out perfectly, we'll see how it really goes ;)

My reward, well really our reward, for truly getting back on track with all of my workouts so early in the morning by myself will be a new pair of headphones.  I had gotten some wireless ones before and well, we all know I am THE sweatiest girl around and they are having some issues that I can only blame on them getting wet from sweat.  Gross I know, but I have to be honest, larger headphones that are wireless do NOT do well with lots of sweat!

There is something in it for Kyle too though, he will also get a new pair of headphones.  Kohl's happens to have some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Captain America ones, so he wants one of those of course.  I have my sites set on some purple iHome headphones.

So much is happening in our lives, I'm a tad bit overwhelmed with all of the good, so very thankful for it and still having to pinch myself to make sure it is real.  My personal goals have become so much more, I have a lot to work extremely hard for and prove myself worthy of a great opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment