Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Getting Back In The Groove

Last night I was planning on possibly going to the gym with David.  He did cardio during the day though and ended up not going.  It was my perfect excuse to say I wouldn't go, I was tired, it was a rough day, I would be going alone.  Excuses kept running through my mind and I said them to Kyle and he told me to just go because it would be good for me.

It worked out because David lifted legs on Monday and we were going to do arms last night, but I did want to get back to lifting legs on Tuesdays.  So last night I lifted legs!

I felt good as I listened to Rob Zombie blaring in my ears while I did deadlifts, standing calf raises, back squats, step ups, front squats and seated calf raises.  I had two more exercises to do but my legs were shot, the squats really killed me.  I had to go down in weight, gotta work my way back up to the heavier weights.

As I was sweating my ass off and pushing through my reps I felt better and better.  It did me a lot of good to be there by myself with my music and my thoughts.  I have so much work to do and I truly finally feel ready for it.

So many factors in life that we have zero control over affect us.  I have to keep reminding myself that it is up to me how I handle each situation.  Lately I've been horrible about handling anything and kind of lost myself through it all.

Time to take things one day at a time and to make sure in each day that I give some time to myself.  Today I plan on going for a run in the rainy 70 degree weather, perfect day for it.  Then possibly lifting arms tonight with David :)


No comments:

Post a Comment