Friday, December 20, 2013

I've Been Diagnosed...

Tennis elbow :(

Tennis elbow is a common condition in those who overuse their arms. It is inflammation on the outside of the elbow, where the tendons insert into the elbow bone. Tendons are tough bands of tissue that connect muscle to bone. The medical term for tennis elbow is lateral epicondylitis, which means inflammation at the bony prominence on the outer side of the elbow (the epicondyle). This is a type of tendinitis.

I will be wearing a strap on my forearm to keep the tendon in place for two weeks, if that doesn't work then I get to have a cortisone shot in my elbow :(  I may have quite a few tattoos, but I HATE shots, I HATE big needles and the thought of getting a shot in my elbow sounds plain horrific.

No lifting with my arms, I can still do lower body and cardio.  I'm not looking at it as a set back, just a little break and I'll be back at it in January.  Kyle isn't worried at all and thinks we can still get 5 pounds of lean muscle on me and have time to cut for the competition in May.

Glad I caved and went to the doctor, wishing I would have went sooner, maybe someday I won't be saying that and I'll actually go right away ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment