Thursday, July 10, 2014

Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex Protein Review

We received a bunch of samples at the May competition and I am finally trying some of them out.  I will be reviewing them all.

Personally I'm pretty picky with my protein.  I like to be able to mix it up with some water in my shaker and be good to go.  Sometimes I mix other stuff in there like Orange Gaterade (that with vanilla protein is amazing, got that idea from my awesome nephew Zach), I also bake with my vanilla protein.  Chocolate protein I normally don't mix with anything, I just enjoy the chocolate flavor (most of the time).

When it comes to the Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex the protein/carb/fat ratio are AMAZING.  One scoop gives you 30g protein, 3g carbs and .5g fat.  In my cutting phase this ratio is ideal.  It mixed really well in my shaker, no chunks at all!  The flavor I had was the rich chocolate milk and it was tasty!  It settled well in my tummy, no issues at all.

I did use a little too much water, you'd think I could pay attention long enough for just 5 ounces of water.  Instead I used 10 ounces, could I have poured out 5 ounces?  Sure could have, if only my brain would think of such a thing BEFORE I add the protein :)  Still had a nice chocolate flavor, I just know it would have been even better with less water.  This mixed with some almond milk would be so awesome.  I just like to try anything new out with water so I can really know how the flavor is.

Come January this protein will be on my radar during any sales, great product!


No comments:

Post a Comment