Tuesday, December 9, 2014

FlapJacked Protein Pancakes

I was super excited when Kyle came home with some samples of FlapJacked Protein Pancakes.  I do enjoy making my own protein pancakes but sometimes it is nice to have the convenience of something like these instead.

We had all three flavors, Buttermilk, Cinnamon Apple and Banana Hazelnut.


  First I made the Banana Hazelnut, the mix says to add one cup of water, it was a bit runny for my taste even after letting it sit to thicken up.  I heated up my pan and did not pay attention to the fact that the package said to heat the pan on LOW.  That was an important part, my pancakes were a little burnt and very thin.  I will say though that the flavor was still amazing, I can't imagine how good the banana hazelnut pancakes would taste cooked properly :)

Kyle made the buttermilk pancakes and ate them all without me, how dare he!  He told me they were very good and he loved them.  Sorry I am no help with the buttermilk flavor, Kyle did get a talking to for not at least saving one pancake for me :)

When I made the Cinnamon Apple flavor I used a 1/2 cup of water, after letting it sit for a little bit it was fairly thick so I added a tiny bit more water and it was perfect.  This time I had my pan on low, these pancakes turned out perfectly!  They were fluffy and DELICIOUS!!!!  Nothing beats opening a package of a product with great ingredients, adding some water and ending up with super yummy high protein, low carb and no sugar pancakes.

I highly recommend these for those days when you need a healthy and quick breakfast, Bella loved them too.  I also used some Walden Farms syrup on them, that is a staple for me.  You do have to keep it refrigerated but I just put some in a little cup and microwave for a few seconds and it is perfect.

Enjoy some pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment