Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Kosama Nutrition Seminar

Last night was my first Complete Nutrition event.  Kyle and I met with members at Kosama to discuss nutrition.  I wasn't sure what to expect, there were about 17 women there and it was awesome :)  The owner, Heidi, is a complete sweet heart, she is excited to be working with us so we can help her members better understand nutrition, from how to make better food choices to nutritional timing.

First of all I must fully explain just how awesome Heidi is, she has been the owner but just took on the job of operations manager.  She is pumped and excited, ready to grow the business and help anyone and everyone live a healthier lifestyle.  When Kyle first met with her he told her about me, told her how one of my favorite post workout meals is a protein shake and a Pop Tart.  I know Pop Tarts are not the healthiest food in the world but they are a quick digesting and high glycemic carb source.  There are many other options out there, I do not do this every day, most days I have a rice cake with peanut butter and some jelly, but I do love my Pop Tarts.  Heidi was happy to hear a Pop Tart would be an ok choice for post workout, she like so many people out there feel that "dieting" limits you a lot in your food choices.

I am rambling now, the point of the Pop Tart discussion is that Kyle shared with her how I LOVE the pumpkin pie Pop Tarts that were a limited item.  I was sad when I couldn't find them a couple of weeks ago.  Kyle had gone in to meet with Heidi and she handed him a box of them, she found some at Target and got them for me :)  How sweet is she?!?


Those Pop Tarts are now long gone, Bella loved that kind as much as me, I think I got to have one from that box ;)

I do not know how to express how PROUD I was sitting in front of a room of women and listening to my husband speak with such passion and knowledge.  He blew me away, I just sat and started at him in awe.  What he is doing now is his calling, simple as that.  He is so kind, so knowledgeable and genuinely wants to help anyone and everyone learn how to live a healthy lifestyle.  There is no diet talk, it is a LIFESTYLE.  Now we have different thoughts on carb sources and some other things, those were the moments I would pipe in.  Kyle loves to eat a lot and for me at the moment I am ingesting higher calories and am choosing grains along with veggies for my carb sources, he is sticking mostly to veggies.  Some of the women wanted to make sure brown rice, oatmeal, rice cakes, etc were all good carbs to have.  It was nice to share with them what I do personally and reassuring them that those are all good choices.  Each body is different, certain carbs will affect everyone in a different way and the only way you can figure out what works for you is to try out different variations.  Just know the calorie for each item you choose and incorporate them into your plan.

As I begin cutting I will start eating more veggies because I will get to have a higher volume of them since they are a lower calorie carb source than brown rice or other grains.

Kyle gave them a lot of information, everyone was taking notes and asking questions.  It was a great session and we will be going back in January.  He also let them all know that they can stop in at Complete Nutrition any time to get advice and help from him.  They were all so thankful afterwards and seemed excited to be going home with some new information, viewing food differently and ready to try out some new ideas.

I continue pinching myself, I am beyond grateful for the life we are living.  Work for your dreams, they really will come true if you are willing to work hard and never give up.  I am so happy for my little family and know that every day is truly a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment