Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Week of Good and Bad

So far so good with peak week!  I am so much leaner this time around, crazy amounts of muscle definition, very flat tummy, everything is coming together nicely.

Low carbs this whole week, about 15 grams per day and tomorrow is about 7 carbs.  Friday I will be able to have some carbs to help fill out my muscles.  We are taking things slow though, I will have about 50 carbs and we'll see how I look Saturday morning.  If I need more I will have more, if not then I will stick to mostly protein.

I am really looking forward to my snack about an hour before I step on stage.  A rice cake with peanut butter and some turkey jerky, yummy!!!!!  It is a good ratio of fat/carbs/protein and sodium, yes I said sodium.  Keeping in the sodium and water is making me even leaner, the changes each day are so crazy.

I did get some bad news this week, my Grandma, who is 98 years old, is not doing well.  Hospice has stepped in and they took her off of all of her medications on Tuesday, she hasn't eaten in two days and is down to about 98 pounds.  I went to see her yesterday and she looked so tiny in her bed, she did open her eyes for a moment and when she saw me she smiled and nodded, then went back to sleep.  She looked so peaceful while she slept.  I've been struggling with the idea of being gone Friday and Saturday for the competition, I expressed that to my mom.  She and my dad of course told me not to worry about it, there is nothing I can do, she will pass on when she is ready and it may be in a couple of days or a couple of weeks.

My Aunt Karen called me last night after being with my parents to tell me to please not feel guilty about competing this weekend.  She said everyone knows how hard I've worked for this and to be able to compete with Carley, this is just such a big deal and they are all so proud of me.

That phone call meant the world to me.  I will compete on Saturday and will be thinking of my Grandma while I give it my all.

Yesterday was just such a roller coaster of emotions.  Zach and Carley got here, it is so, so great to have them back!  We had a good workout and then we did a long posing and t-walk session last night.  Carley looks amazing and we really got the posing down, I'm glad she got here ahead of time to be able to have Kyle and I help her with the poses.  We changed up her t-walk too and she is going to rock the stage!

I really can't wait for both of us to step on that stage Saturday.  We are ready and we are going to have so much FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment