Tuesday, May 13, 2014

What A Weekend!

What a whirlwind of a weekend!

We all had a blast!  Friday when we headed out we were just going non stop, polygraphs went well, check in went well, tanning went not so well.

We had the same issue with the tan as last time, after two coats it was like it wouldn't absorb into the skin anymore.  Carley and I both could have been a lot darker and next time I will get the professional spray tan, but our color was nice and brown :)

I didn't get much sleep Friday night, maybe half an hour.  We were up at 3:50am for our first meal, then it was hair and makeup at 5am.  It was so much fun getting ready together and we looked gorgeous :)  The area back stage at the competition was CRAMPED, seriously it was crazy.

The competition went so smoothly and was a great experience.  I didn't place in Central Midwest Open or Iowa Open, I was blown away by some of the competition.  So many insanely awesome physiques, women who have been at this for 5-6 years and they were so nice.  The overall winner was phenomenal, I talked to her for quite a while, such a sweetheart and super encouraging.

I did place in the Novice class, I got 3rd!  I was so pleasantly surprised :)  2nd was within my reach but I'm pretty sure my tan scored low and that could have been the deciding factor that got me 3rd.  I am anxious to get the judges card to know where I need the most improvement.

Carley was the only Teen competitor and got her 1st place :)  She looked beautiful and I think she really enjoyed the entire process.  I couldn't be more proud of her and can't wait for us to compete together again.  It really was a tiring day, going that long and waiting to go on in the finals when you are so ready for some yummy food afterwards, it is tough!


I will have more pictures to post on here, I just haven't had time to get them all uploaded yet.  We have a LOT, I am so happy to have pictures from pre-judging this time around.

The past couple of days I've enjoyed eating pretty much whatever I wanted, I have to admit I am already more than ready to get back on track, lol!  I have a five mile run planned for tonight, looking forward to it.  I may lift tomorrow, we'll see, just depends on my energy.  I like easing back into it though!

I made the decision to take the next year and work on building muscle, I won't be competing again until next May.  I feel really good about it, October seems so close and I really have a lot to work on.  Rather than rush through and do competition after competition, I'm doing what is right for me.  Looking forward to improving over the next year, getting stronger, more muscle mass and bringing a better me to the stage next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment