Monday, June 18, 2012

Volleyball & Inhaler

So this weekend was full of sand volleyball, Friday night I played in a doubles tournament with my brother Larry and we had our regular games on Sunday.

Friday I used my inhaler, it did nothing for me.  Thankfully it wasn't as hot as they predicted and it clouded up, so the heat wasn't too horrible.  I was just tired and had the same "heavy" feeling in my chest.  Saturday I spent the day outdoors and walking around, I woke up Sunday completely exhausted again.

Sunday night volleyball I tried the inhaler again and again it did nothing for me.  I woke up today exhausted and my chest feeling "heavy" and tight.  I called my doctor's office this morning to let them know and they got me in right away with my cardiologist tomorrow, I will have an ultrasound done on my heart at 3pm.

I'm a little nervous, many thoughts are going through my head, what if they don't find anything at all, am I just plain crazy?  What if the valve is bad and I need heart surgery?

On one hand I hope it is a bad valve and that surgery would fix it, if that is what is truly causing my constant exhaustion it would be amazing to get it fixed and feel better every day.  Otherwise I just don't know, as a pretty healthy 31 year old woman I just don't think I should be feeling this way daily or that exercise should cause me to feel so crappy.

The downside of this of course would be my goals, they would be put on the back burner.  If I have to wait another year to do a figure competition so be it, but I won't lie I would be disappointed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment