Thursday, June 21, 2012

Stress Test....Grrrrr.....

I had my stress echocardiogram this morning, the ultrasound tech and the nurse were AMAZING, I love, love, loved them!  My cardiologist wasn't in yet so I had another cardiologist in the room with me, not a fan, not a fan of him AT ALL.

He came in the room, looked at me and said, why are you here?  You are way too young and certainly far too fit to have any heart problems, if you had issues you wouldn't be able to exercise like you do.

I was baffled, just baffled, I've had my heart condition for 10 years, 10 freaking years and you walk in take one damn look at me and say crap like that to me?  I was so pissed but thankfully the idiot then left the room during the actual test.

It was not fun, on a treadmill at an incline, it would get faster and be at a higher incline as we progressed.  I was on that thing for 17 minutes before my heart rate finally got high enough.  Lying there all sweaty, breathing heavily, I felt so bad for the ultrasound tech!  She just laughed and told me not to worry, I was a cute sweaty girl ;)

The cardiologist was in the room then looking at the ultrasound, he proceeded to tell me everything looked fine.  I was shocked so I asked him if the mitral valve was perfectly fine.  He told me he hadn't even looked at that, well geez you freaking idiot that's why I'm here!!!  He checked that and told me he could see a leak but in his opinion it was nothing to worry about.  I didn't say anything and he just left the room and told me he would send everything to my cardiologist and I should hear from them by this afternoon or tomorrow.

I must say that damn doctor rattled me, what if I am just plain ass crazy thinking I'm having heart issues?  Kyle is angry I had a doctor like that and keeps reminding me of how concerned my actual cardiologist was at my appointment on Tuesday when he simply listened to my heart.

We'll see what we find out, maybe I'm just a big baby and need to suck it up with the fatigue and move forward.  If they call me and say I'm fine then I'm right back to where I started but I will just move forward, continue volleyball and get back to training for the show.

All that would make me very happy, although I would still be tired daily I'm sure and still have no clue as to why.

No comments:

Post a Comment