Thursday, January 16, 2014

SORE and Hungry

This morning the only way I could get out of bed was to pull myself up using my blankets, then I had to lift my legs off of the bed.  Can't tell you the last time I was this INSANELY sore!!!  The quads are growing, love how quickly my legs are coming along, I'm a bit terrified for my second leg day tomorrow.  Tuesday was a normal leg lifting day, tomorrow will be more like a cardio leg day.  That may mean I will have to take on the challenge of the insane 400 deadlift workout, we'll see what Kyle decides.

I have noticed an increase in my appetite over the past week, yay!!!!  That means I really am working hard enough, I need to feed my muscles some more and next week I should be able to eat ALL of the food in my nutrition plan :)

I was thinking that I should start sharing some of the recipes I use, instead of just talking about my crazy oatmeal with egg whites in it I can take a photo and share how I make it.  It might sound yucky, the gals I work with tease me about it and let me know I ruin my oatmeal almost every day ;)  It really is more like and oatmeal egg souffle, promise :)

Now I'll use my camera I use when I do my photography but today I just took a photo with my phone because it was probably the best my oatmeal egg mixture has looked.  The texture is perfect, it tastes sweet and savory.

I use 1/2 cup of organic quick oats, one packet of stevia and one tablespoon of cinnamon.  Mix that together with enough water to just cover the oats.  Microwave it for one minute, mix it up a bit then pour one cup of egg whites over it.  DO NOT MIX IT UP.  Put it back in the microwave and cook for about four minutes.  You should end up with fluffy egg whites on top and yummy oatmeal on the bottom.  I honestly enjoy this breakfast so much :)


No comments:

Post a Comment