Thursday, February 27, 2014

Mmmmmm....Brownies....

I've got a sweet tooth, it really hits me at night.  I ordered some Quest bars, I got the variety pack and I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting their arrival.  I did my research on protein bars and these are by far the best when it comes to the protein/carb ratio and they have great ingredients.  Not sure if I will keep them on my food list for my entire prep or cut them out the last couple of weeks.

I was CRAVING something sweet Tuesday night.  I had baked a german chocolate cake for my father-in-law Monday for his birthday.  It was sitting there just staring at me, DARING me to take just one little bite.  I knew I couldn't that one little bite would turn into one little piece and possibly devouring the rest of the damn cake.

There is a gal I am friends with on bb.com, she is a WNBF pro competitor, super sweet and just plain awesome.  She posted a recipe on her blog for protein brownies, I had all of the ingredients on hand (although a different kind of protein so I adjusted the macros for the protein I used) and I whipped up a batch.

OH MY GOODNESS.  I am not lying when I say these are some of the yummiest brownies I've had!  Other protein brownie recipes I've tried have usually been dry or not that great of a chocolate flavor.  I will never make another protein brownie again these are it for me :)  I am satisfied having one and I will get to keep these in my prep all the way up to competition, whoop, whoop!!!

My workouts have been going great, I learned a lesson the hard way last night when it comes to pull ups.  Do NOT let yourself hang all the way down, fully extended and strain the crap out of yourself to get two more reps in.  I pulled some muscle that is right under my left pectoral.  It was freaky at first because after I lifted I went in the locker room to change into my running shoes and had such intense pain on my left side.  I didn't know at first if it was my heart or something else.

I almost didn't do my run but decided it had to not be my heart and be something else.  I got through my run, it wasn't the greatest but I did it.  When I got home and told Kyle what was going on he knew right away what had happened.  So I iced my left side and boob last night, took a muscle relaxer and woke up feeling much better today.

The trickiness of fitting in half marathon training along with competition training has begun.  I hope it starts to warm up around here so I can get outside, the treadmill runs are the worst.  I have to look straight in front of me which means I stare at a wall, or a person in front of me or at the screen watching the seconds very slowly go by.  I have to do that otherwise I run all "wonky" (Kyle loves that I use that word to describe my treadmill running) but really I can get crazy.  There have been many times where my foot hits the side and I just about go down in a sea of embarrassment bashing my face and body on the treadmill.  Only three more weeks of winter! ;)

I've been doing good this week leaning out for the big party on Saturday.  I woke up this morning feeling very lean, I can even see my abs :)  Pretty sure my boobs have shrank enough and my dress will fit pretty much perfectly.  It feels really good to know that I am learning enough to know how to do a fairly quick lean out the healthy way.

Rest day today and I am looking forward to it, although it is filled with work, a school conference for Bella and she has dance tonight.  Workouts will change starting tomorrow, looking forward to lower reps and heavier weight, build up some more before the REAL lean out begins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment