Thursday, August 29, 2013

Arm Hell

Last night was my first heavy arm workout, I did it with David.  As usual we had a great workout, it was so intense, and he kept making me laugh during the plate holds.  If I wasn't holding a 35lb plate I probably would slap him for making me laugh during that ;)

I know my energy level is going to be dropping a bit with my decrease in carbs and increase in cardio, sleep is going to be very important.  For some reason sleep didn't come last night, you know when you lay there telling yourself you need to go to sleep?  Yeah, that was me.  No morning workout today as I think I maybe got two hours of sleep.  I feel exhausted today and will not be doing cardio on my lunch hour.  Instead I am going to a store here that hopefully still has chicken breast on sale and they didn't run out, I live an exciting life I know, always on the lookout for chicken breast on sale :)

We'll see about tonight, I'm supposed to do shoulders.  I've gotten very good at listening to my body though and if the energy doesn't increase after eating a lot of protein today I may take tonight off.

Here is last nights workout:

Wide Grip Standing Barbell Curl
30lb x 10 reps, 5 sets

Incline Skull Crushers
30lb x 10 reps, 5 sets

EZ Bar Close Grip Preacher Curl
45lb x 10 reps, 5 sets

Rope Tricep Extensions
35lb x 10 reps, 2 sets
37.5lb x 10 reps, 3 sets

Hammer Curls
15lb x 10 reps, 5 sets

Straight Bar Tricep Extensions
30lb x 10 reps, 5 sets

Concentration Curls on Stability Ball
15lb x 20 reps, 5 sets

Split Handle Cable Tricep ExtensionsB
15lb x 10 reps, 5 sets

Static Plate Hold
35lb plate held for 45 sec, 3 sets

Tricep Dips with Feet on Stability Ball
25lb plate in lap x 17 reps, 3 sets

Then I did abs, 25 each, crunchy frogs, leg lifts, oblique crunches, bent knee crunches, pulse ups, oblique bridges, cross legged sit ups, 10 dreya rolls.  I will be increasing my abs by doing another set of them, but last night I was just too dang tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment