Thursday, March 21, 2013

Calorie Counter

I am definitely NOT getting in enough calories per day, so it was time to find a calorie counter.  I found a great app for my iPhone, it is a Livestrong app called My Plate.

I LOVE it, so easy, just input every little thing you put in your mouth and it will add up all your calories and let you know how many you have left for the day.  There is a pie chart that shows the breakdown of your day by percentage of protein, carbs and fat, YAY!  You can use this app with workouts as well to make sure you are burning enough calories, for me I won't really be using that part, mainly the food diary.

Kyle is wanting me to take in about 2,000 calories per day and this app going off of my weight and age has me at about 1,900 calories per day, so a pretty good match.

The great part will be to finally know how many calories are actually in what I'm eating, like my sweet potato, I have no idea how many calories are in one, or a cup of broccoli, you know that clean food that doesn't have labels on it with the calorie and fat content.

Now I'm anxious for my next meal, I look forward to keeping track of everything this way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment