Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Stretch Day

Yesterday was a much needed stretch day, I was so, so beyond sore from plyo's on Sunday and lifting Monday morning.  Kyle thought the level of soreness was normal, I really worked hard Monday, kept my form and pushed out a lot of reps, even with the heavier weights.

Rather than do cardio yesterday Kyle wanted me to rest and do the P90X hour long stretch dvd.  It was as usual wonderful, I felt so much better afterwards. Then I had another soak in the bath with the amazing lavender epsom salts, heaven!

We also reevaluated what I'm eating and Kyle thinks I'm not getting in enough calories.  At first I thought it wouldn't be so bad eating every couple of hours with what I had, to add to it, it just seems like so much but I do need it to help bulk up my muscles a bit, right now my arms and shoulders are a bit small.

So last night I made up five chicken breasts with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning, I really love it, no sodium, no MSG, perfect seasoning for me :)  I'm sure at some point I'll need to switch flavors but it really is super yummy. I'm thinking I'm going to have to make ahead about 7 chicken breasts each week and 4-5 fish fillets.  Protein shakes are always good, a great way to get in lots of protein, but not very many calories.

We'll find the right balance for me soon I'm sure, last night I also had a baked sweet potato, I've never made them at home and well, I think I could eat one of those every day too :)

Today will be cardio day!

No comments:

Post a Comment