Thursday, June 20, 2013

Abs, Shoulders & Arms - Legs

So yesterday morning we did not make it to the gym, Kyle had a bad migraine but I did go after work.  Kyle stayed home with Bella and just texted me my workout, David ended up going with me and it was killer!

Kyle has added a new supplement, I am now taking maca root, I add drops to my NO Xplode before my workout and empty one 500mg pill into my protein shake after my workout.  I can say I felt a difference yesterday with it added to my NO Xplode, I felt more energized and like I last longer in my workout.

We started off with abs, they are really coming along nicely!  I can do all of the exercises to 25 reps with no break in between, right now abs consist of bicycles, pulse ups, oblique crunches, wide leg sit ups, leg lifts, oblique plank, upper ab crunches and russian twists (50 reps on this one).  That is 300 ab moves, obliques are done on each side of course, holy cow that is a lot of ab moves and I know eventually we will add in more.

Our shoulder and arm workout consisted of hammer strength shoulder press, tricep rope extension, overhand bar curls, arnold press, lying dumbbell extensions, wide dumbbell curls, two angle shoulder flies, hammer curls, straight bar tricep extensions (machine), in & out shoulder flies, concentration curls, overhead cable rope extensions, double handle cable pull downs and rear delt flies.

I felt like my arms were going to explode when we were done.  I also realized I do not like lifting after work, the gym is much busier!  The guys lifting were very nice though and let us rotate through, they said it was nice to see a chick with some muscle on her ;)

I'm having issues with my food still, not getting enough calories.  I'm adding things in and trying to see what works best for me, thankfully eggs and egg whites are pretty cheap!

This morning I was up at 4:30 for my leg workout, I will admit it was tough getting up for the morning workout after working out until about 6:30 last night, but I did it!

With my leg workout we do three sets of each exercise, all other days we do two sets of each exercise.  I was anxious for this workout, my legs feel pretty weak when it comes to lifting since I didn't left legs before, just did cardio.

For legs we did leg curls, back extension, seated calf raises, front squats, push ups (to keep my heart rate up between squat sets), dead lifts, leg press calf raises, did three sets of 30 changed foot position for 10 reps, step ups.

On the menu today:

Breakfast: Protein shake: Synergex vanilla protein, Gaterade, 3 egg whites with red pepper and low fat mozzarella
Snack: Plain greek yogurt with 3 strawberries
Lunch: Chicken breast, sweet potato, low fat cottage cheese
Snack: Banana, string cheese
Snack: String cheese, 15 almonds
Dinner: Salmon, brown rice, red pepper, poached egg, 1 slice whole wheat toast
Snack: Protein shake: Milk, Synergex vanilla protein, nesquick powder

Next week I will probably be adding in another protein shake during the day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment