Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Leg Day, A Run, Ouchie

Last night was legs and a two mile run.

I am happy to say that I finally am able to squat my body weight!  145 pounds for a total of 30 reps, woo hoo!!!  I did my deadlifts with 125 pounds, I'm getting there :)  360 pounds for 90 reps on my calf raises on the leg press machine, felt like a beast ;)  Kyle had me drop down to 6-8 reps for everything so adding some weight is feeling GOOD!

After all that heavy lifting I ran two miles on the treadmill.  My legs were so TIRED, lungs felt good, but man my legs.  I ran slowly, 10:11 per mile, felt pretty good until I stopped to walk.  I felt that irritating pain on the back of your heel when your shoe rubs.  When I checked it out it was all bloody, skin was gone, stupid shoes.  So odd because the shoes I wear are ones I've worn to run before, getting some moleskin for my run tomorrow.


Showering was not fun, I even tried to hold my leg up so the soap wouldn't sting.  Sadly my leg was too damn tired for that and I just had to cringe through that sharp pain of soap stinging my "wound".  Bella was very helpful afterwards and gave me one of her Hello Kitty band-aids :)

Feeling pretty damn sore today, looking forward to my body getting used to the runs.  Don't get me wrong it is a good sore, like everything is tightening up all over, but I really need to add in some good stretching every day.  Should have added that to my calendar, at least some time for the foam roller!  Added now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment