Sunday, April 27, 2014

Two Weeks!

I can't believe that just two weeks from today I will have already enjoyed some Krispie Cream donuts and will be getting ready to devour some of my favorite foods before volleyball!

In two weeks I will have accomplished my second figure competition with loads more confidence, a better package being brought to the stage and a different sense of pride in myself.

These last couple of weeks have been really tough with my half marathon training.  The long runs while eating such low calories have been tough.  Yesterday I ran 9 miles at 9:18 per mile, I was so happy with myself!  I have a huge blister on the bottom of my right foot, that made posing a tad more difficult today.

My workouts are still intense and they sometimes bring me to tears.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, this sport is not for the weary, it is anything but easy.  You really have to WANT this to do it, to some it seems ridiculous and foolish.  It is not in any way either of those things, it just happens to be one of the most difficult sports out there.

Mentally I am in a better place this time around.  Circumstances have been tricky, Kyle starts a new job tomorrow and finding after school care for Bella at such short notice has been difficult.  Thankfully I have amazing friends and family who are able to help until she begins her summer camp.  The support we have through this for our family and for myself is still so overwhelming and greatly, greatly appreciated.  I can't believe how lucky we are to have such amazing people around us.

No one thinks I'm crazy for what I am doing, instead everyone is so proud and extremely supportive.  My emotions are kind of all over the place, but that is just who I am.  The tears I sometimes have at the end of my workouts are tears of pride, I still can't believe all that I have accomplished. It has been a crazy six months and I can honestly say that I am more than ready for the stage May 10th!!!!  The best part will be sharing the experience this time with Carley, how lucky am I to have my own niece doing this with me???  We are going to have a BLAST!!!

Current weight is 136 and body fat is 10%.


No comments:

Post a Comment