Friday, July 12, 2013

Track Time!!!

I had a truly amazing workout this morning!  I was tired when the alarm went off but then I remembered it was ladder day and literally jumped out of bed :)

Who would have thought after all these years I would be so excited to get back on a track?  It was exhilarating, so much fun.  Walking out on that track felt amazing, I forget how big that oval seems when you are on the track.

Kyle had me do 100m, 200m, 400m, 400m, 200m, 100m.  It felt so, so good, and brought back so many amazing memories.  As I ran my 400m I imagined what Coach Thomae taught me, stride the first curve, stride out more that back stretch, kick it on the final curve and bring it home on the last straight away!  I could also imagine Coach Demmel whistling at me as I rounded that last curve, loved, loved, loved it!

Kyle noticed on my sprints that I'm a bit too much heel to toe and should be up on my toes more.  We want to "fix" my gait so I get a further stride on my sprints and get more emphasis on my hamstrings.

I felt pretty good when were done and felt like I could do more, but Kyle wanted to stop so my legs aren't dead for the Color Run tomorrow.

What a happy start to a fun Friday and weekend ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment