Monday, January 7, 2013

Kenpo X & Stretch X

Concerned I had stopped P90X already?? ;)

Weekend posting didn't happen obviously, oops.  Saturday I did Kenpo X, basically it is a kickboxing workout and I love, love, love it!!!!  My legs were pretty damn sore from the leg workout but I got through it.

I used to take a kickboxing class here where I live, it was hardcore, a group just for women, we were breaking boards and everything I felt so strong and empowered.  Then they stopped offering it and I've never been able to find one like it.  But my hubby is now working at a gym so hopefully he can get them to find some kickass kickboxing instructor and do some awesome classes there.

Yesterday I was tired, so tired, but Kyle told me I better make sure I do the Stretch X even though technically Sunday can just be a "rest" day.  I knew he was right, I mean he does know what he is talking about when it comes to this stuff :)

The best part of the stretch workout was when I was in a very difficult stretch to stretch your neck and shoulders.  I was up on my shoulders and neck with my body sticking straight in the air and my hands on my lower back to help support me, you do this before you slowly lower your legs back over your head to the floor, it is an AMAZING stretch!  Anyway, while my legs were in the air Bella walked into the room and said, wow mommy I can't believe you can do that, it looks really hard!

That made me smile and made me feel good :)  We do have a beautiful little girl that watches us intently and showing her the healthy changes we are making makes me very happy and yes the little peanut can still do Ab Ripper X with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment