Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Plyometrics - Not

Last night was plyo's night, I didn't do it.

I felt like crap yesterday afternoon, it's been a tough week.  One of my co-workers sisters has been battling breast cancer for a long time, she took a turn for the worse over the weekend.  Everyone has already said their good byes to her, it is extremely hard to watch this happen and know how incredibly hard this is for their family.

Watching my Grandpa pass away from cancer was the worst, it is one memory that I can never forget.  I have a HORRID memory, seriously I don't remember a lot of things from high school but I do remember watching my Grandpa die when I was 12.

I know their pain, I know their feelings of wanting to keep Pam with them, but also their feelings of wanting her to pass on so she is finally out of pain.  I've known their family since I was in my mom's belly, heck my mom, Pam and Jonnie (my co-worker) all walked a picket line together when they all worked together for the phone company while my mom was pregnant with me.

Pam is one amazing woman, she has left her mark on a LOT of people.  Jonnie is doing damn good considering the situation.

Now if I was in Jonnie's place I don't know that I could handle it as well as she has, yes she has broken down, but to see her pull herself together to help the entire family get through this, it amazes me.

So last night I just wasn't feeling it, I wanted to play games with Bella, watch a movie and just enjoy her.  Kyle sadly was working so he couldn't hang with us.  

That is what I did, enjoyed my beautiful daughter, played games, watched a movie, Bella loved it.  She was so happy I wasn't working out, then comes the guilt, I really need to be doing my workouts in the morning.  I'm hoping, hoping, hoping I can make the transition next week.

It is truly difficult to do something for yourself sometimes when you have a child, who wants to spend an hour to two hours working out at night when you can spend that time with your child?

Ok, enough of the guilt trip and this post will get into the "fitness"....NOW...

I ate badly last night, my dinner was pizza rolls.  EECK, I know, so so bad!!!!  My weigh in this morning, the scale said 142.  Amazing how one night of bad eating can stick to you and add some weight.

Thank goodness my awesome husband is my trainer, I was instructed to shake it off and just move forward.  I'm craving bad food again today but I will not have any.  Tonight we are having pork chops and corn for dinner, YUM!!!!  Soon I will be listing what I eat every day, it will help keep me on track, I hope!

After I go out and take care of my rescue horses I WILL do my workout tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment