Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Arms with Kyle

It has been a little while since Kyle has actually trained me at the gym.  He had a good time making me lift HEAVY weights for my arm day :)

I do really like it when Kyle is with me, I work my butt off every time I lift but he pushes me extra hard, past my limits.  He is really happy with my progress after changing up the workouts to having me lift heavier, so happy that he is having me lift heavy for one more week.  My body seems to be responding really well to it.

ARMS
Wide Angle Dumbbell Curls
20lb x 10 reps - 3 sets
20lb x 8 reps - 2 sets

Incline Dumbbell Tricep Extension
15lb x 10 reps - 5 sets

One Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl
15lb x 10 reps - 3 sets
15lb x 8 reps - 2 sets
This one my left arm gave out, really went until I couldn't do anymore!

Rope Tricep Extensions
40lb x 10 reps - 5 sets
Funny thing, when I lift I super set, like in this workout I do one set of bicep exercises then do one set of tricep exercises, continual lifting hardly any break.  So we were using one cable machine and then I would walk about 5 feet away and do my curls, we had a pad at the cable machine for me to kneel on for the tricep extensions.  I do one set, go to do my curls and some girl comes over, takes the mat I have rolled up, unrolls it sits in the middle of the cable machine area and starts stretching.

We had to laugh, gym etiquette, always ask if someone is using a machine, especially when there is a rolled up mat strategically placed, seriously.  Kyle grabbed a different mat and we just asked her if she could move and stretch somewhere other than in the weight area.  She was like, oh I'm so sorry I didn't realize someone was using this.

Always pay attention and be polite, she moved two feet away still in the weight area stretching and then left, leaving the mat lay in the middle of the floor.  Another thing, always pick up your mats and weights and put them away, someone has to do it :)

Ok, back to the workout which had no other interruptions.

Incline Hammer Curls
15lb x 10 reps - 2 sets
15lb x 8 reps - 1 set
12lb x 10 reps - 2 sets
My arms were dying!

Angle Bar Tricep Extensions
30lb x 10 reps - 5 sets

Static Dumbbell Hold
12lb x 1min - 3 sets
Holy crap, not only was I just standing there holding the dumbbells in a curl position Kyle had me do little pulse ups at the end.  I'm seriously surprised my biceps didn't bust through my skin, or that my vein which is right at the surface didn't finally start sticking out!  Funny I'm actually excited about getting more vascular and it always makes me think of the following and giggle :)


Bench Dips on Stability Ball
25lb plate x 15 - 2 sets
35lb plate x 17 - 1 set

When we left and got in the car I could barely buckle my seat belt, now that is how you know you had a great workout! ;)

Today on my lunch hour I tried a new Tabata HIIT workout, it was a good one, I still think I like the elliptical ones a bit better, I just feel like I get more out of them, but it was a nice change!

No comments:

Post a Comment